We’d like to thank you for your continued support during these difficult times. As we work to navigate the “new normal”, we’ve thought a lot about how we can continue to provide the safest transportation, while also providing peace of mind. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and to ensure the highest possible standards of cleanliness and disinfection, Lux Bus America has enacted the following protocols, guided by current recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American Public Transportation Association, the United Motorcoach Association, and the American Bus Association. Additionally, we have developed an enhanced Contagious Illness Response Plan (CIRP) that specifically addresses actions to be taken for our fleet, facilities, team members, and our passengers.
Interior Cleaning Equipment and Disinfection:
- Lux Bus America has procured electrostatic sprayers that will allow us to disinfect ALL surface areas inside the vehicle. This is far more effective than wiping and non-electrostatic fogging, as it allows for the solutions to meet dwell times so they can work to their full capabilities. This process also reduces the likelihood of cross contamination that can result with spray and wipe techniques, which can simply move bacteria from one surface to another.
- In addition to the common disinfectants that we have always used to provide for passenger safety, we have now incorporated Vital Oxide, an EPA registered hospital disinfectant that is so safe, no personal protective equipment (PPE) is required during its application. As such, we can effectively sanitize a motorcoach and its seating areas, and within minutes allow for passenger embarkation. This process of electrostatic cleaning coupled with Vital Oxide will be completed in addition to our comprehensive nightly disinfecting.
- We have eliminated “dry sweeping” on all vehicles. Current data assumes a virus may survive up to 72 hours on surfaces, and dry sweeping could cause it to become airborne. As such, surfaces will only be cleaned utilizing wet methods.
Passenger and Team Member Protection:
- Drivers, mechanics, and cleaning crew members will wear facial coverings while inside vehicles. Mechanics and wash crew will also wear gloves and covered footwear while working inside passenger vehicles.
- We are actively screening our drivers with temperature checks at the beginning of each shift.
- We are installing contact partitions that will provide a physical barrier between our driver and passengers, and in some cases between passengers.
- We have limited the number of passengers per vehicle to provide for appropriate social distancing.
- In addition to hand sanitizer being provided as requested by passengers, we are installing permanent stations within all motorcoaches.
Our transportation services will continue to operate safely as we follow these and other rapidly evolving precautions identified by the aforementioned agencies. The safety of our passengers and team members continues to be our highest priority, now and always. We thank you for your trust, patronage, and support as we continue to operate as the safest and most reliable carrier in the industry.